Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. We’re excited you’re here!
UC Merced Dining Services’ top priority is keeping everyone in the UC Merced community safe while continuing to provide a wide variety of healthy, delicious meals.
In response to coronavirus, we have made numerous changes to dining offerings and facilities on campus. These changes include:
- Pavilion Dining Center will be the only dining hall on campus accepting unlimited all-you-care-to-eat residential meal plans until further notice. Seating will not be provided inside the Pavilion, and all meals will be packaged for takeout only.
- Yablokoff Wallace Dining Center, Lantern Café and Summits Marketplace are closed until further notice.
- Located inside the Pavilion Dining Center, Common Grounds will offer coffee and other beverages, pastries, candy, chips and other snacks. Common grounds will accept Cat Dollars, credit cards and debit cards. Cash is not accepted at this time.
- Dining Services has enacted extensive additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols, as well as making sure staff follow all state and county guidelines related to preventing the spread of coronavirus.
Using the Pavilion
Several aspects of the dining experience at UC Merced have changed as part of our coronavirus mitigation efforts. If you have questions about meal plans or how to use the Pavilion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not feeling well, do not come to the Pavilion. Please stay at home and follow the steps listed here: https://doyourpart.ucmerced.edu/symptoms.
Before arriving at the Pavilion:
Scroll to the day of the week. Review your choices for that meal and day.
Select one of four options for each meal and each day:
- Meat Option: Station 1
- No-Meat Option: Station 1
- Meat Option: Station 2
- No-Meat Option Station 2
Make sure to note at which station your selected meal will be provided. You’ll need to know which station your selected meal is at in order to stand in the correct line to enter the Pavilion.
Travel to the Pavilion Dining Center wearing a mask and maintaining physical distance from others.
When you arrive at the Pavilion:
Please maintain at least six feet of physical distance between other guests and staff.
Stand in Line 1 for a meal from Station 1 or Line 2 for a meal from Station 2.
After entering the Pavilion:
Swipe your CatCard.
Continue in your chosen line and pick up your selected meal from your selected station.
Continue to follow the line to the corresponding exit.
After leaving the Pavilion:
Please enjoy your meal in a physically distanced manner. Outdoor eating spaces will be available.
If you have additional questions, please email the dining team at email@example.com.
Executive Chef Mitch Vanagten can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage and welcome dialogue regarding dietary requirements and menu suggestions.
Located inside the Pavilion Dining Center, Common Grounds offers coffee and other beverages, pastries, candy, chips and other snacks.
Operating hours for Common Grounds will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Please use the southernmost entrance of the Pavilion to reach Common Grounds.
Credit and debit cards, as well as Cat Dollars will be accepted. Cash is not being accepted at this time.
Face coverings are required. Please maintain at least six feet of distance between other customers and staff.